Teachers' Summer Courses: Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the Actualise Academy Courses approved by the DES for EPV days?
Yes. All our summer courses (20 hours) carry the entitlement of 3 EPV days for Primary Teachers.
- Is there a limit to how many courses can I do for EPV days?
Yes, the DES has imposed a limit of 5 EPV days in any one year. This 5 day entitlement can be reached by doing all 3 of our courses:
1 ONLINE COURSE entitles you to claim 3 EPV DAYS
2 ONLINE COURSES entitles you to claim 4 EPV DAYS
3 ONLINE COURSES entitles you to claim 5 EPV DAYS
- What are the course completion requirements? How much work is involved?
Courses are run online. Courses consist of a total of 20 hours each, with 20 hours of optional material for you. There will be lots of complementary material for you online too. This is divided into 5 modules x 4 hours each. Each module module breaks down into some hours of online work (lectures, MCQs) and some offline for self-directed learning (e.g. recommended videos, reading, etc.)
Assessment of the course is as follows:
1. Multiple choice questions and short answer questions are interspersed through the 5 modules on each course, and are based on the content you will have just seen;
2. Each module requires a short reflective piece, asking you to think through how you will apply the material you have just learned to your own learning environment;
3. You must engage with the online forums for each course.
Please note: You must must complete assignments for each module before moving to the next module.
- Can I register for a course now?
Yes. You can do so on here. Places are limited to 75 per course.
- When can I access my course?
All courses will be accessible from July 10th to August 24th 2018. They must be completed by by 5pm on August 24th. Once you reserve a place, you will receive an email with instructions within one working day.
- How do I access my course?
You will be sent a link to register with our online service provider.
- How do I deal with passwords/logins?
All of this information will be sent in July. Our online service provider has full facilities to deal with any login/password issues. If you do have any technical issues, you can fill out our Technical Support form here.
- How much time is required of me?
Courses are scheduled for 20 hours, with optional work offline, with lots of complimentary resources available for you. Some of these hours are online, and some are done in your own time.
- How will I get my certificate of completion?
Once you have successfully completed your course, a certificate of completion will be sent to you by one of the Actualise Academy staff.